Category Sales & Key Account Manager
Danesmoor Agency provide professional commercial services to some of the largest manufacturing and retail operations across the UK and Europe.
Our unique lens across the whole KBB and Home Furniture sector enables us to offer services which include detailed market research on consumer, retail and marketing, pricing analysis, buyer propensity, material sourcing, style development and brand marketing, training, category go-to-market strategies and supply chain support.
By developing strong working relationships with customers and internal stakeholders including manufacturing partners, product teams, purchasing, marketing & sales colleagues, the successful candidate will be accountable for the long-term success of key product categories in the Danesmoor Group portfolio.
- Organising and conducting business development work with established key accounts ranging from sales calls, client visits (face to face plus online) and service review meetings, both independently and with suppliers.
- Working with Marketing colleagues to create attractive, relevant and commercially viable sales campaigns across all sales channels.
- Understanding competitor offers including range content, USP’s and pricing in order to identify gaps and opportunities for increased sales.
- Internally presenting category development & proposals to Senior Management including proposition and commercial rationale behind product launches and discontinuations.
- Internally marketing product groups to office & field based sales staff to ensure colleagues have a clear understanding of range contents and feel enthused & confident in selling products.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- You will have a demonstrable track record in establishing and developing key accounts in a business to business role.
- You must be able to demonstrate strong literacy and verbal communication skills, with the ability to convey sometimes complex products, problems and solutions to audiences ranging from domestic end-consumers through to business partners for whom English may be a second language.
- Good numeracy skills are important; you should be confident interpreting, calculating and presenting sales data.
- You will be competent on all MS Office programmes, including MS Outlook, Powerpoint, Word and Excel.
- You will be a creative & personable individual, with the ability to work independently without close supervision.
- A driving license plus the willingness to be available outside of standard working hours (which may include overseas travel).
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience within the KBB industry.