Full Stack Developer
Danesmoor Group is a market leader specialising in the design, manufacture, and distribution of KBB products. A B2B supply chain is supported with established trade brands.
Product development, innovation and exceptional customer service, continue to be the driving force behind the business.
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer to join our in-house Software Development team to join us in our mission to develop our customer facing systems, driving digital transformation and making us more efficient across our Group. The ideal person would be a compliment the current multi-disciplined team of developers and would really suit someone who will get involved with changes at all levels within our tech stack.
This is an exciting time to join our team given we are embarking on some large-scale projects that will start our transition from bespoke desktop applications to web applications.
You will be expected to have strong input into the direction of applications as a whole and work collaboratively with the rest of development team in our transformation journey.
On a daily basis you will provide a high level of input throughout the whole development lifecycle whether it be building new features or maintaining and bug fixing production applications.
The role will cover the full breadth of software development from maintaining and enhancing our current applications and supporting the use of them through incident and request management.
Working within the Software Development team you will influence the output of software changes to include a good degree of focus on visual design and utility to ensure a high standard of user experience.
You will work with Business Analysts who will feed functional requirements and look to you for effective delivery of technical changes or new applications and websites. It will not be uncommon for you to have direct interaction with business users at all levels in the delivery of your solutions so good user engagement experience would be a good fit.
- Designing and developing upcoming customer facing websites to challenging timescales
- Designing and developing internal bespoke applications
- Web development that transitions our Company desktop bespoke applications into high quality web applications
- Build, Test and release updates to current desktop and future web applications
- Writing clean, reusable, responsive and well documented code
- Optimizing code for maximum speed and usability
- Promote knowledge sharing across the team and department, so colleagues can collaborate with you on the same codebase.
- Identifying the cause of bugs and implementing bug fixes to issues raised by end users
- Take part in the IT Developer Sprint meetings and daily stand up, organising your backlog in accordance with business priorities
- Plan and spec continuous improvement features for applications and websites in accordance with business return
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Extensive knowledge of C# .NET and .NET Core
- Proven experience of involvement in large scale development projects with C# .NET. We are planning a migration to .NET Core so Core experience would be desirable.
- Object Oriented programming skills such as SOLID Design Principles and Data Structure
- Strong database knowledge and SQL skills
- React or similar modern front-end framework experience
- Current knowledge of Web development techniques, languages and frameworks
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure
- Webserver and CMS configuration and operation. Experience of using Orchard or other CMS platforms
- Ability to take wireframe designs and transforming into working code
- Version control experience i.e. Git and SVN
- Proven experience with REST API
- Experience working in an Agile team
- Technically minded with a hardworking attitude
- Previous experience working with and facilitating change to bespoke ERP systems is desirable