Installation Manager (South East)
Life is a fifth-generation British family business. Known for our completely personalised and fresh approach to design, we create exceptional quality kitchens for the most discerning of clients. Part of the Danesmoor Group, our roots trace back to the early 1900s. We’re proud to be part of the largest and longest established kitchen supply and manufacturing business in the UK – with unprecedented 500,000 sq.ft. in-house manufacturing premises at our headquarters. We also have the industry’s best partnerships with World leading appliance, storage, and material brands.
LIFE have an excellent opportunity for a self-motivated, experienced, customer service focused Installation Manager to manage its installation of domestic and commercial kitchens and bedrooms.
The successful candidate will manage our teams of installation sub-contractors in the South-East area. The primary focus will be to recruit, organise, motivate, train, and take responsibility for the installation teams to ensure that all work carried out meets the high-quality specifications required to meet our customers’ expectations.
- Ensuring installations are completed right first time.
- Recruiting third party installation teams, ensuring they meet the quality standards required by our business.
- Auditing, training and developing third-party installation teams to meet service levels, and implement improvements required.
- Undertake site surveys to ensure the design can be implemented and the site is ready for install.
- Ensuring installation sites are compliant with all appropriate Health and Safety, legislative and business requirements at all times.
- Identifying potential issues with installation and implementing preventative actions.
- Implementing a continuous improvement culture within existing Installation Service levels.
- Understanding and balancing the needs of our customers, our business and our installers.
- Dealing with customer complaints, both written correspondence and face to face.
- Resolving all complaints to the customers full satisfaction.
- Providing support to our customers and installers throughout the process.
- Implementing high levels of customer service at all times.
- Ensuring installer relationships are maintained and continually developed.
- Build relationships with all internal and external stakeholders to ensure issues are dealt with promptly.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Experience of working in a field-based environment
- Experience of working within the building trade and a CSCS card is essential, a SSSTS qualification would be desirable
- Strong customer service skills
- Collaborative approach to problems solving
- Proven ability to influence at all levels, including building sites, private customers and commercial, across the business and act as an advocate of the Installation Service
- Proven ability to create, maintain and manage third party relationships at all levels. You may be dealing with customers directly, as well as site managers and contractors
- High level of technical knowledge
- Problem solving and the ability to work in a multi layered environment
- Articulate & well presented
- Conscientious and flexible
- Full, clean driving licence
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the business
- Ability to read technical drawings
- IT literate
- Ability to manage own time and work to strict targets
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Kitchen/bedroom installation experience (preferably time served joiner)
- Knowledge of NHBC and its tolerances and CML process on construction sites