Retail Sales Designer
Life is a fifth-generation British family business. Known for our completely personalised and fresh approach to design, we create exceptional quality kitchens for the most discerning of clients. Part of the Danesmoor Group, our roots trace back to the early 1900s. We’re proud to be part of the largest and longest established kitchen supply and manufacturing business in the UK – with unprecedented 500,000 sq.ft. in-house manufacturing premises at our headquarters. We also have the industry’s best partnerships with World leading appliance, storage, and material brands.
Based at our London showroom you’ll work closely with our clients to craft entirely unique designs to suit and enhance their lifestyles.
With no set ranges or styles, we offer the most diverse and extensive range of design choices which are tailorable to our clients; from handleless to traditional in-frame and everything in between.
We offer excellent in-house training and continual support to help you build a successful career, as well as a highly attractive commission structure and the opportunity to thrive and develop.
As a kitchen designer you should be creative with an aptitude and passion for kitchen design, coupled with a strong commitment to customer service.
- You will be responsible for the customer experience from initial design concepts, through to order placement, for a variety of clients. Opportunities will be provided via quality leads, underpinned by significant and on-going investment in marketing activity.
- You will identify and interpret our clients' needs and deliver true, lifestyle-based kitchen solutions.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Proven sales record in a premium kitchen/interior design background with a minimum of 2 years’ experience
- Experience of working with both consumers and commercial clients (interior designers/ architects/ trade)
- Experience in coordinating the customer journey from concept to sale
- Strong design ability, proficient in the latest design software, with a knowledge and passion for the latest styles and trends
- Highly personable and an efficient, professional communicator – both verbally and in the written form
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office
- A problem solver and lateral thinker who deals well under pressure
- Motivated, with the ability to self-manage and work as team at all levels of management
- Experience of working under pressure
- Must be able to plan and prioritise work schedules to meet strict customer deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Flexible, open attitude and keen to collaborate, learn and share knowledge
- Proactive problem solver and willingness to own responsibility
- Highly motivated and effective team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrates a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Excellent time and project management skills
- First class communications skills with strong and confident presentation skills
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Extensive kitchen industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Design
- Competent in using EQ/Winner software packages