Danesmoor provide professional commercial services to some of the largest manufacturing and retail operations across the UK and Europe. Our unique lens across the whole kitchen, bedroom and home furniture sector enables us to offer services which include detailed market research on consumer, retail and marketing, pricing analysis, buyer propensity, material sourcing, style development and brand marketing, training, category go-to-market strategies and supply chain support.
We have have an opportunity for an experienced Supply Planner to work in close liaison with both the supplier and the customer, to co-ordinate the movement of goods from receipt of customer order through to delivery. Tasks will include analysing customer demand requirements and translating them into supply plans, analysing and monitoring customer forecasts/sales and proposing production batches to suppliers (where appropriate) to ensure the efficient flow of material.
The role will also involve data processing and information management, ensuring 100% accuracy of all correspondence and information flow, problem solving, and liaison (both internally and externally) to co-ordinate the resolution of supplier quality issues.
- Interrogation of customer purchase forecasts and sales, and the creation of related commentaries and reports for both internal teams and external partners.
- Supply/demand planning to review material and finished goods inventory, creation of production batches if needed, and load management, done in conjunction with customer and supplier.
- Sales order processing and data management.
- Contribute to financial planning and company budgets.
- Problem solving any quality issues to resolution and a best outcome for both the supplier and customer.
- Order and logistics management, working with suppliers to ensure OTIF delivery with all relevant parties to ensure deliveries are booked in, and arrive accordingly.
- To ensure various UK import customs procedures are followed and vehicles transit smoothly
- Customer and supplier liaison and co-ordination.
- Support and liaise with internal Sales and Key Account Management teams.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Previous supply or demand planning experience.
- Able to analyse and interrogate forecast documents and explain interpretations.
- Excellent organization & time-management.
- Positive, self-motivator.
- Decisive and determined with a “can do” attitude.
- Calm and confident problem solver, with an analytical approach and excellent attention to detail.
- Able to think “outside of the box”.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office applications; advanced competence with spreadsheets is essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A high level of interpersonal skills in order to deal confidently with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to undertake travel as required (which can be with short notice). This could include overnight stays both within the UK and in Europe.
- Full driving licence with no more than 3 points and no previous bans (also essential to be confident to drive long distances within the UK and Europe).
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Understanding and appreciation of European culture and business practices (knowledge of Italian and/or German would be a benefit, but is not essential).