Worksurfaces Operative (Goods In)
PWS Distributors is part of the Danesmoor Group, the market leader KBB conglomerate specialising in the design, manufacture, and distribution of KBB products to a wide and varied customer base. PWS Distributors specialises in the distribution of design led, commercially relevant kitchen components for B2B trade partners sold through multiple sale channels, brands, and opportunities. Product development, innovation, and exceptional customer service, continue to be the driving force behind the business.
We have an opportunity for a general operative to work in the Goods Inwards department of our Worksurfaces manufacturing facility, to carry out quality inspection, organising stock and picking orders.
- Liaising with delivery drivers, signing for and being accountable for deliveries
- Ensure that all goods are received in perfect condition, and that they have been quality checked and signed for correctly
- Assisting in the organisation of stock deliveries
- Operation and use of the forklift according to the training and guidelines provided
- Be responsible for picking and packing of orders ready for dispatch
- Operation of the software provided by the company to record deliveries and stock levels
- Day to day cleaning and tidying of the warehouse and outside areas
- Assisting during the day in general warehousing role
Essential Skills and Experience:
- IT literate (proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel)
- Excellent attitude
- A good level of aptitude towards learning new skills
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Previous warehousing experience
- Experience within a quality control environment
- Ability to work at heights
- Ability to work shifts, including night shift
Desired Skills and Experience:
- FLT license
- Experience of working with stone