Danesmoor Group is a market leader, specialising in the design, manufacture, and distribution of KBB products. A B2B supply chain is supported with established trade brands. Product development, innovation and exceptional customer service, continue to be the driving force behind the business.
The department is responsible for the coordination and supervision of the plant and facility maintenance across the group. The maintenance department ensures that everything runs smoothly and at optimal performance. This involves, but is not exclusive to:
- Making sure machines are operating properly to prevent breakdowns
- Maximising the availability and reliability of all operating systems
- Maintaining operating systems and machines or equipment prevents safety issues and performance capability
- Working with teams to make sure production goals are met while also supporting the efforts of other departments
- Providing efficient maintenance and repair services
- Provide the previously listed tasks while staying within a designated budget
We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic individual to join our team and make an
immediate contribution to our business. The role will be to maintain machinery across our multi-million-pound facility producing
wood-based panel products to our vast customer base.
The role is a full-time vacancy with standard shifts for days and afternoons, Monday to
Friday. Due to the 24-hour operation of the business, there is required overtime, which
will be paid at an enhanced overtime rate as and when required.
Safeguard the integrity and safety of all company assets
- Safeguard the integrity and safety of all plant and equipment associated with manufacturing operations through carrying out all work to agreed company standards
- Promote asset maintenance as a champion of service excellence by providing an immediate response to rectify disruption in the production environment
- Optimise operational performance through carrying out effective and on time preventative maintenance and responsive reactive breakdown maintenance
- Ensure that all breakdowns are attended to using advanced fault finding techniques to minimise downtime to production equipment.
- Deliver high quality planned and reactive facility maintenance services across all facilities within the group.
- Ability to self-manage your own workload and pressure whilst remaining calm and focussed even in difficult or pressurised situations, adapt to evolving situations by seeking alternative approaches.
- Managing procurement of spares whilst reducing costs
- Working alongside stakeholders & sponsors coordinating proper planning and execution of maintenance and service activities.
- Documenting operation & maintenance SOP’s
Group Health & Safety and Environmental Management
- Promote and be an active champion in committing to ensuring the highest standards of Health & Safety across our manufacturing facilities are archived without compromise.
- Endeavour to ensure that all equipment used in the workplace is safe and suitable for the purpose for which it is provided, and all machinery is serviced and maintained as recommended by the manufacturer and company standards.
- Support the maintenance team in managing and controlling all contractors with respect of “health & safety working” within the groups facilities.
- Carryout maintenance activities within the groups facilities complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements and procedures.
Active contribution to Continuous Improvement:
- Productivity: Identify areas for improvements, Identify areas of opportunities & prioritise
- Quality: Measure, establish strategy, generate improvement plan to realise benefits
- Cost: measure, reduce, execute & control
- Delivery: Implement Improvement plan/process
- Delight: Measure effectiveness, efficiency
- Safety: Communication, standardise process, eliminate inconsistency and hazards.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Be able to show previous maintenance experience (minimum 5 years) within gearboxes, motors, hydraulics, bearings, robotics, 3 phase supply, invertors, sensors, relays, drives and automated conveyors systems
- Ability to work to a high-level health and safety standard
- Have confidence and competency in reactive fault finding
- Experience in being first response for technical breakdowns, specialist knowledge, electrical repairs and fault finding
- Experience in improving performance and reducing risk through maintenance regimes
- Ability to demonstrate an investigation, root cause analysis and resolution of longer-term faults
- Have Knowledge of Homag, Biesse, machinery would be advantageous
- Ability to maintain the facility to a high standard
- Ability to be flexible in your approach to working hours, call outs, weekend working when required
- Be an excellent communicator
- Excel in a team environment
- Have keen attention to detail
- Be able to stay calm under pressure
- Full, clean UK driving license
- Have recognised qualification minimum level 3 in Mechanical Engineering
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Have experience working within a bespoke large scale production setting
- Extensive manufacturing knowledge
- Level 4 or higher qualification in Mechanical Engineering
full-time, permanent, temporary